• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you been playing lately? For all games tactile and electronic

#1 User is offline   Dintiradan Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

(For the record, I must admit that I love "What have you been * lately" topics.)

The latest game my gaming group has played is Ninja Burger (the card game, not the RPG). Obviously, it's based off of ninjaburger.com, and it plays similar to another Steve Jackson game, Munchkin. Funny game, but I probably prefer Munchkin to it - it has all the back-stabbing Munchkin has, but less of the teaming together (you can sell equipment to other ninja, but you can't actually aid them on their deliveries). The mechanics are also slightly different: instead of just having one "level" stat like Munchkin, it's die-based with stats like Combat, Stealth, and Customer Service.

As for the gameplay? These commercials adequately describe the experience.
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Parus major Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

I've been playing several games:

GTA San Andreas (Yes! It's a Mac version! Finally!)
Quake 4
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Nethergate: Resurrection

I think they are all well known enough that I don't have to tell what they are about and how they look like, and if I you don't know, use Google. [/laziness]
The Wrath of the Elderburry Cheesecake, home of my stuff, including my scenarios, scripts, graphics and the Largas Nephilseãs grammar and vocabulary guide.

[end of plug]

#3 User is offline   Riibu Icon

• The Power of Being Finnish
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

I last finished my playthrough of Nethergate as Romans. I'll probably start with NR:Rez some day forward in time. Or not. I haven't really been playing that much games, unless KoL counts. :\ Goshdarn.

Oh wait, I did finish my playing of Monkey Island IV too.

EDIT: Also, Settlers II, courtesy of Underdogs. It did screw up my .. background? monitor? Briefly, before I managed to correct it. Oh well. It's a fun game, I think I'll live through playing it some.
"After a while she realised that there was no signature because the merman had obfusitaneöod kuaw wklandfc---"

#4 User is offline   Dikiyoba Icon

• The Face That Launched A Thousand Posts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Fixed Profile

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

Let's see... KoL and Alpha Centauri fairly regularly. The other day, Dikiyoba played Magic: The Gathering for the first time. Dikiyoba lost but managed to drag the game out for almost an hour.

#5 User is offline   Blake81 Icon

• Unspecified Services
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

I finaly found a way to make my ePSXe works with my obsolete video card so I've started to play FF9 and Chrono Cross.
I'm glad of being able to help,most people doesn't understand my ideas,sometimes 'cause they're too complex and sometimes 'cause I'm talking too fast....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's called War Psychology and it consist in placing a certain level of doubt in someone's mind that can lead to anxiety,confusion,madness,etc.

#6 User is offline   Ephesos Icon

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(Dikiyoba @ Jan 11 2008, 03:43 PM) View Post

The other day, Dikiyoba played Magic: The Gathering for the first time. Dikiyoba lost but managed to drag the game out for almost an hour.

That can be half the fun. The wonderful tactic of "you can kill me, but I'm gonna make it hell to finish the job!" I'm gonna guess it was the paper version, as opposed to the online version?

#7 User is offline   Dikiyoba Icon

• The Face That Launched A Thousand Posts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Fixed Profile

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

Yeah, I was playing with actual cards.

The other half of the fun was watching people freak out. One of Dikiyoba's housemates walked into the living room, saw what was being played, said something to the effect of "Wow, I can't believe how high the nerd factor is here", and walked out.

#8 User is offline   Lord Grimm Icon

• I am the Very Model of a Modern Forum Spammer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:11 AM

-Prod-

BioShock: 4 Stars

A very, very well-concieved and portrayed world with a novel take on a few semi-original game mechanics (Pipe Dream! yay!), a decent plot, and a lot of compelling ethical analyses.
I was highly impressed by the revelation of backstory and key characters (particularly Ryan's mistress. very well-done characterization) through the use of diaries and messages, similar to FEAR. They gave just enough backstory at just the right rate so that all but one detail of the "huge twist" suddenly clicked in my mind literally the moment before it was revealed (had I actually paid attention to the last tape before said revelation, I would have gotten that one detail, too. As I said, I'm impressed). The only downside (or upside, if you want to think of it from a payoff for effort and exploration point of view) to the tapes is that you really have to go looking to find some of the really crazily plot-sensitive ones.
And, of course, very pretty graphics; the bulk of the game's value is in its thorough and believable design.
That said, I have to admit I was a little disappointed by how short it was (I played it on Medium, got all of the little sisters, thoroughly researched everything but the Houdini splicers, and completed it in two days), by the general lack of openness in the plotline (all you can really do when you go back is get little sisters), and that the ending didn't give as much payoff as I'd hoped for (it was nice and fulfilling... just no payoff). It's an instant classic that will set the visual standard for years to come, but I'd recommend waiting for it to come down in price before buying it.

#9 User is offline   Nemesis Icon

• Dervish
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

I've been playing this game a lot. Most of you probably don't like the genre (I don't either, but this game is fun).

IPB Image
Uhh… it's Soul Calibur III. That's Raphael. He's pretty cool.
The Refuge (Last Updated: 4/7/09)

My Scenarios:
In the Shadow of Dragons v1.0.1 (Latest Version: 3/16/08) | Download: Mac/Windows
The Ritual of Registration v1.0.0 (Latest Version: 4/7/09) | Download: Mac/Windows
To Hell in a Handbasket v1.0.1 (Latest Version: 4/5/10) | Download: Mac/Windows

Nem's Profile Page

#10 User is offline   Dintiradan Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

Bootleggers. I think the company recently went under, though.

A decent game, in essence. A focus on strategy, with a good theme and enough backstabbing to keep our group having fun. The biggest drawback is too much chance - production and consumption of hooch is dice-based, and how early some action cards are drawn greatly alter the course of the game. I also thought the game put too little emphasis on the mob aspect. Early placement of your mobsters is critical for controlling the speakeasies. There are a couple action cards that allow you to attack another player's goons, but in our game last night these came up in the first two rounds, and thus were next to useless.
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   Parus major Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(Nemesis @ Feb 6 2008, 08:32 AM) View Post

I've been playing this game a lot. Most of you probably don't like the genre (I don't either, but this game is fun).

Uhh… it's Soul Calibur III. That's Raphael. He's pretty cool.

Wait, I know that game... On an other forum I regularly visit it was mentioned. It's about a demon-killing guy, right?

I've been playing Half-Life 2: Episode 1, a MMORPG called Planeshift (It's totally free and quite awesome, if I may say) and a tiny bit of GTA San Andreas.
The Wrath of the Elderburry Cheesecake, home of my stuff, including my scenarios, scripts, graphics and the Largas Nephilseãs grammar and vocabulary guide.

[end of plug]

#12 User is offline   Belial Icon

• Ineffectual Mayor No. 352
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:11 AM

i've been *attempting* to pay PES again. now i need a new controller.

also my fist hurts for punchin the telly.

#13 User is offline   Samson Icon

• Gone Bunburrying
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

FINAL FANTASY 12, which is set in the same place as Mad Ambition, and must therefore be a sequel.
IPB Image

#14 User is offline   Riibu Icon

• The Power of Being Finnish
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

Neopets. KoL is given.
"After a while she realised that there was no signature because the merman had obfusitaneöod kuaw wklandfc---"

#15 User is offline   Blake81 Icon

• Unspecified Services
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:50 AM

Well,now I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER WITH 512 OF VRAM AND 160 GB OF HDD and I won CoD4 just in 5 hours(without cheats).
I'm glad of being able to help,most people doesn't understand my ideas,sometimes 'cause they're too complex and sometimes 'cause I'm talking too fast....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's called War Psychology and it consist in placing a certain level of doubt in someone's mind that can lead to anxiety,confusion,madness,etc.

#16 User is offline   Dintiradan Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

Drakon. I really can't add much beyond the link; the flavour of the game varies widely depending on who you're playing with.
IPB Image

#17 User is offline   Tyranicus Icon

• Celtic Pride
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

Bioshock, Neverwinter Nights, and Half-Life 2 Episode 2.
How could you not be madly in love with Tyran? —Andraste
I for one welcome our new glacier overlords. —Arancaytar
I love you. Now eat my semen. —Nikki

#18 User is offline   Lord Grimm Icon

• I am the Very Model of a Modern Forum Spammer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

I've been playing a lot of phone and e-mail tag.

And the A5 demo, of course.

#19 User is offline   Dintiradan Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Pirate's Cove. Pretty good, though I can see players getting tired of it after half a dozen or so playthroughs. To me, at least, almost all the strategy occurred in the simultaneous move phase, trying to anticipate where the other players would move their ships (and how they would anticipate where other players would move - youpi for Sicilian reasoning!). The battles were mostly mechanical dice rolling - unless you had these special ability cards. Thing is, the cards are primarily awarded to players who lose battles, as a sort of balancer. One could head to the island that sells the cards, but that means a turn spent where you didn't upgrade your ship or bury treasure.

Clearly, one game alone isn't enough to judge it, but it seems to be not enough strategy elements in the game.
IPB Image

#20 User is offline   Dintiradan Icon

• Skribbane Smuggler
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

Bamp.

Race for the Galaxy

The role-based turn order draws heavily from Puerto Rico, another Rio Grande game. Unlike Puerto Rico, chance plays a much larger role in this game. Gameplay is almost 4X-like, 'explore' by drawing cards, 'expand/exterminate' by playing planet cards (either settling or conquering), and 'exploit' by playing development cards which do anything from refine resources on planets to provide military power.

Unlike Puerto Rico, more than one player can pick the same role. There's not nearly as much player to player interaction in this game. On the other hand, that and the simultaneous move aspect makes the pace pretty quick. There's a myriad of different cards, which causes a very steep learning curve, but the number of paths to victory is huge. Worth a look at.
IPB Image

#21 User is offline   Nemesis Icon

• Dervish
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Nikki @ Feb 9 2008, 01:49 PM) View Post

FINAL FANTASY 12, which is set in the same place as Mad Ambition, and must therefore be a sequel.

Yes, but Mad Ambitchin' is a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which is a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics.
FFT rocks people's worlds. Always.

I've been playing a lot of games. Aside from playing and designing BoA, I'm also continuing an A3 save I started a while back.

I'm slowly working on getting through Star Ocean III. It must be done in moderation, otherwise it's like getting mentally sodomized with a meat hook. It's interesting, but infuriating as hell.

I played Radiata Stories a few weeks ago. The system is unlike Star Ocean III, except it's much easier and less mind-numbing. And I think aimed at a younger audience. It took me about a week to get through it, whereas I've been playing S03 since January of 2007.

And of course, every once in a while I'll pick up Soul Calibur III, just for kicks.

I can't wait to get a PSP and FFT: The Lion War and FFVII: Crisis Core.

My Scenarios:
In the Shadow of Dragons v1.0.1 (Latest Version: 3/16/08) | Download: Mac/Windows
The Ritual of Registration v1.0.0 (Latest Version: 4/7/09) | Download: Mac/Windows

Nem's Profile Page

#22 User is offline   Andraste Icon

• Seal Clubber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:53 AM

KoL is a given but i've been pretty busy with school.

I just finished Geneforge 4, and I'm at the final puzzle in System's Twilight.

I've also started a new Neverwinter Nights 2 games as a Aasimar Favored Soul. Pretty cool.

Ooh, I forgot Settlers of Catan and Pokemon the board game.
IPB Image

#23 User is offline   Blake81 Icon

• Unspecified Services
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Diablo II,NFS Carbon,GTA-SA,CoD2,Battlefield 2 Online,A5,Lord of the Rings-The Return of The King,Star Ocean:The second story,etc.

But for some reason,my Halo 2 is not working,when I try to start it,a window pops up that says ``The live windows (or something like that) is busy or not working´´ .Any solutions?

#24 User is offline   Nemesis Icon

• Dervish
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

Not being a fan of Halo at all, my solution would be to take out the disc, use it as a frisbee, and then go play some BoA until the urge to play Halo is gone.

In other news, yesterday I gave myself a mental enema by playing Avernum 3 all day long. Today I'm reluctant to go back to it, for reasons that should be apparent.

My Scenarios:

Nem's Profile Page

#25 User is offline   Blake81 Icon

• Unspecified Services
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

That the problem with pirate stuff,you never know when they're wonna work and when not.But the problem is not the disc,the problem is my new compter windows,because I instaled it on the old bucket(my old computer that have a non-pirate windows) and there the game said that there was not enough Vram(the new one have 516 MB and the old one only have 8 MB).Plus the game don't need the disc to work(all the pirate games are the same).So I think I should start looking for a original Windows, a thing that is almost impossible to found(and even if I found it,whould be around 30$ or more,that's a lot of cash here).

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cethin skin by Eric Colon.
logo